Episode 49: DMT: The Conscious Molecule with Filmmaker Mitch Schultz
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
In this episode, I had the honor of speaking with filmmaker Mitch Schultz, who brought us the legendary documentary, DMT: The Spirit Molecule. Now, he’s back and working on the sequel, DMT: The Conscious Molecule. He shared his thoughts on consciousness, DMT, and his own psychedelic experiences.
- The sequel, DMT: The Conscious Molecule, explores consciousness as fundamental and ubiquitous in the Universe.
- Before we launch into this sequel you’re working on, would you mind sharing a little bit about what DMT and maybe other psychedelics mean to you personally? Have you experienced DMT and/or other psychedelics? Was that experience helpful or even transformational?
- What inspired you to make this sequel?
- When we say “DMT” — we don’t need to get into a chemistry lesson — but what do you mean by it? Smoked? Ayahuasca? Something else? All of it?
- Well, you touched a nerve with me — consciousness. What do you think DMT teaches us about consciousness?
- What do you think consciousness is?
- Endogenous: there’s a link to human consciousness?
- And what about “reality”? What does DMT teach us about what reality is?
- What is the line between hallucination and reality?
- DMT. You kind of jumped to the pinnacle of psychedelics. What about the others — LSD, psilocybin, mescaline?
- Any opinions on the decriminalization/legalization movement going on?
- Tell us the details of the film: when will it release? Where? How can we watch?
- Who can we expect to see in this one?
- What else?