In this episode, I had the honor of speaking with Ben. We talked about his three-month excursion in Mexico with a Shipibo tradition plant medicine journey, including Ayahuasca and the plant diet. He discussed intention, integration, the consciousness of plants, and more.
So, please enjoy this conversation with Ben.
- We talked a little over a year ago — not counting our recent conversation at the coffee shop. Back then, you shared your journey through depression and addiction, with the help of psychedelics. You have a real focus on shamanism and learning the spiritual side of plant medicines. And now I’ve learned that you spend 2-3 months in Mexico at a Shipibo traditional center, experiencing 4 ceremonies a week, in addition to so many other plan medicines.
- So, let’s start off with the ‘why’. Why do you spend all this time down there? Is it personal growth? Training?
- Do you have one or two experiences that were especially impactful that you’d like to share? Any idea, yet, what lessons you received?
- Connecting to plant consciousness
- “Open up”
- I get concerned in doing consecutive journeys too close together, that my lessons might get over-written before I can integrate them. How did that play out for you with all of these ceremonies?
- Now, you also work as an integration coach — you even work WITH an integration coach — but I’d like to hear what you learned from all this that will help you work better with your own clients.
- I get a lot of inquiries into doing a trip to South or Central America. What would you recommend to somebody who is brand new to this?
- Anything else you want to share or put out there?