In this episode, I had the pleasure of speaking with my good friend, Michael. Michael shared his story of opening up his awareness with mescaline, working through fear, and a meaningful purge with Ayahuasca. So, please enjoy this episode, with Michael.
- Three mescaline hits opened him up, awareness, at 15-years-old
- Shedding things that didn’t sit right through self-examination
- Didn’t learn all the lessons, too young
- Started drinking; unhappy in marriage; numbing feelings
- Experiencing a lot of fear (of divorce), overwhelming
- Decided to tackle fear; scuba-dived, turned off light, faced fear, descended
- Forced him to confront fear, surrendered to it, and broke fear of dark
- Does ‘therapy’ as a business coach; planning session: a woman mentioned “Aya”; went home and looked it up, found Ayahuasca; jumped right in, like it called him.
- Wasn’t afraid of the Aya, was led there, under control
- Went in with demands, intentions, wanted all the answers; Aya told him to put the list down;
- How to ‘go into the medicine’. A purge came. Focused on it, breathed into it. Out it came, a release of held toxins.
- Medicine allowed him to slow down and see things in real time
- Reconfigured his life; life has slowed down, more aware, not reactive; not putting out fires
- Stay centered and present; feeling the weight on his heels
- Higher consciousness; awareness of the connections to others