In this episode, I had the honor of speaking with Gary. Gary shares his story of what I might call religious trauma, as well as substance abuse, and a well-timed mushroom trip. So, let’s hear from Gary.
- Let’s start with your story. It involves a restrictive religion and a struggle with substance abuse?
- Jehovah’s Witness; never found his own truth
- Oppressive life
- Suffering, miserable
- Iboga + 5-Meo-DMT (Toad) to help addicts
- Tried Toad ceremony after 11 years of absolute total sobriety
- Enhanced meditation
- Insignificance of problems; love is the answer
- Critical self-talk, the critic; now forgiving and kind to self
- Finally comfortable in own skin