Episode 32: Grief, Addiction and a Psilocybin Regimen with Kim
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
In this episode, I had the honor of speaking with Kim. I was excited to have Kim on, as she’s a real force in the psychedelic community, including her latest venture LYT Mind, an organization created to support those working with psychedelics. She talked about addiction, grief, and a unique psilocybin regimen.
- Let’s start with your story. What was going on in your life that brought you to the medicine?
- Lost mother
- Lost uncles to addiction
- Shame around alcohol; trauma
- Sweat lodge ceremony; Ayahuasca;
- Ayahuasca experience deeply connected
- Hung out with God
- Didn’t drink for 4 months after that
- Ungrounded her
- At peace with death (grief)
- Mushroom regimen: 1.5-2g weekend dose, 3-4 microdoses during the week
- Spoke to those who
- What’s the key to a good experience?
- Mescaline (San Pedro/Peyote) more gentle to start with
- We are all so different, different chemistries, individual’s experiences will vary
- What is underlying the fact that you called a doctor?
- Acetylcholine (distanced from reality); Ayahuasca elevates that and can cause a break
- Know what you’re getting into; know yourself
- Can you sit with yourself in silence, then you might be ready; if you can’t, then you may not be; you need space in your mind
- Tell us about the psychedelic experiences that helped turn things around.
- How is life different/better now as a result?
- What advice would you give somebody who is considering working with psychedelics? set/setting/dose/integration/harm reduction
- How has the stigma around these medicines affected you? Friends? Parent?
- Your story of addiction recovery and working with — founding — psychedelic groups has led you to starting a new venture, correct? LYT Mind?
- What’s the unique think about LYT Mind?
- What do you see happening in the addiction recovery and mental health fields in the coming years, when it comes to integration and use of psychedelics?
- What else?
- Psychedelic Societies all over the world