In this episode, I had the honor of speaking with Sophia. Sophia was one of my first guests, over a year ago. Back then, we discussed breaking away from a cult-like church with the aid of psychedelics, and she’s back with an update. She discusses psychedelics as a gateway drug…a gateway to other healing modalities like yoga and therapy. She also talks about cognitive liberty and much more… So…let’s hear from Sophia.
- You shared your story of a repressive…even abusive/traumatic…church. Some substance abuse. And your transformative experience with mushrooms.
- Oppressive religions stigmatize “the body”
- Psychedelics as a gate to other modes of help, like therapy, yoga
- Cannabis helps with integration
- People over-romanticize psychedelics
- Need to integrate, or you’ll fall back into old ways
- Connection to the physical body
- Explored her relationship with cannabis to make sure it’s a healthy relationship; self-accountability; found some escapism; learned to check in with all things, examine intentions
- Stigma: over-culture; legality
- Good trip advice
- Help getting out of churches; digital space to connect
- International Cultic Studies Assoc; BIET; If you ever ask yourself, “Is this a cult?”, then it’s time to start getting answers; high-control organizations; be willing to be curious and ask questions; cognitive liberty;
- Cognitive liberty lead to psychedelics
- Set & Setting: understand this; integration; support, start integrating before the journey; intentions – what do I want to get out of this; clean your space; do your research; know MAOIs; vet people you’re doing ceremonies with; underground can lead to more harm; test your substance
- Changa; Cosmic Trigger Robert A. Wilson – best book, fun read