Episode 5: Breaking Away from an Oppressive Church with Sophia
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
In this episode, I had the pleasure of speaking with Sophia. We discussed the trauma of separating from a strict church…or cult…and how entheogens helped her get through that. Please enjoy this episode with Sophia.
- Tell us a little bit about what brought you to psychedelics…prior “drug” use…religion?
- What changed in you after that first journey?
- What came next (mushroom trip, thoughts, visions).
- Being open, free seemed impossible?
- You felt really trapped, essentially, by the strict religion?
- How is your life different now, after this transformation?
- You’re looking to become a therapist/counsellor, using psilocybin?
- Important for you to be a female voice?
- After all of this, have you maintained some connections from your church community? Have any of them come out of the so-called closet and shared similar thoughts or even experiences?
- What about your parents, your husband, your family, friends…do you talk about this with them? How do they react?
- What do you think is the key to having an insightful, life-changing experience with psychedelics?
- What other changes have you experienced, aside from the big change? Yoga, demonic movies, nose ring, and more!
- Anything else?